Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas wrap

Before...
... after.

I hope you've all had very happy holidays! We've truly stuffed ourselves full of Christmas dinner at home with the Belgian family, and then done it again with my parents in the UK. We're still here and so very unwound, I can hardly even remember the hurry I was in this time last week to hem the festive tablecloth.


Without mentioning the last-minute dash to get dressing gowns sewn for the littles. So cute they are, I'm glad I bothered. But I shall state here for the record that it won't become an annual tradition - not least because T, being always too hot, won't wear his for more than 30 seconds.


But it has spiderman on the pocket so that's ok.

Being here with the family is always so full of goodness. We're city folk but it does us such good to retreat, slow down and hang out with the (grand)parents who look after us so well.

And then there are aunties who've knitted their presents...


I've some handmade presents of my own which I'm looking forward to sharing, too, now they've all been given. But in the meantime, I'll be enjoying my last few days of downtime before swinging back into routine.



Wishing you a peaceful end of 2012, and a joyful start to 2013!

3 comments:

  1. I love your table cloth and those dressing gowns are just the cutest. Enjoy the remainder of your down time; I look forward to reading more of you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty - likewise! Hope you've been having good hols too!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be anonymous or unpleasant!