Thursday 25 April 2013

Skunks! Hedgehogs! Tightrope-cycling monkeys!


What is this place and what are all those animals doing here??





It can only be the land of Lillestoff! And a beautiful neckline finish like that can only mean that I managed to follow without a hitch the excellent and comprehensive instructions that come with the Kitschy Coo Skater dress pattern. This one's a real winner, folks. Its so easy and so comfy and so absolutely just right for little girls.





This dress manages to look twirly and tomboy, cute and no-nonsense, pretty and practical all at once. And the organic knit fabric is absolutely beautiful to behold, handle and wear. It was a splurge, which is something I rarely do on fabrics and especially not for the kids - they grow so fast! They scrape holes in things! But I had good reason to decide that this spring's wardrobe for my daughter was worth an exception to the rule, and when I can formulate my thoughts I shall tell you about it - I'd really like to see what others think. But I won't get ahead of myself; that's for when it isn't midnight, midweek.

Show me your moves, L!




And tonight was more cutting and prepping, ready for sewing again on KCW Day 4 tomorrow. Back soon (I hope...)

:: :: ::

  • Fabric: Lillestoff organic cotton knit and coordinating ribbing from Miss Tiggr.
  • Helpful hints and brilliantly massive details on sewing with knits here on Amanda's blog.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is the cutest fabric. Great dress, great moves ... and YAY! to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, finally spring is here! Was I right in spotting some rather lovely autumn leaves on your blog the other day though? Must admit I'm a bit jealous of your foliage, whatever the season :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this little dress, might have to check out that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words! That fabric is delish, I was gutted when I missed out ordering it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I did feel a bit sheepish not ordering one of yours but I'm afraid finding it with postage from inside Belgium was too convincing... And no need to thank me, just giving credit where it's due!

      Delete

Please don't be anonymous or unpleasant!